Partial Client List
- Open Space Institute
- Scenic Hudson
- Wallkill Valley Land Trust
- Mohonk Preserve
- The Nature Conservancy
- NY City Department of Environmental Protection
- NYS Office of General Services
- NYS Department of Environmental Conservation
- Ulster County
- Town of Lloyd
- Town of Marlbrough
- Town of Plattekill
- Village of Ellenville
- Plattekill Fire District
- Central Hudson Gas and Electric
- National Grid
Not For Profit
- Empire State Railway Museum
- Huguenot Historical Society
- Mountaintop Historical Society
- New Paltz Fire Department
- Rocking Horse Resort
- Reiger Homes
- Highland Estates, LLC
- Melley Associates Attorneys at Law
- Stephenson Equipment
Community Enhancements Grant Recipients
- Town of Shandaken zoning map publication and printing
- Town of Plattekill comprehensive plan preliminary mapping
- Town of Plattekill town park mapping
- Marlbrough Harvest Fest
- Clintondale Fire Department road index map
Brooks and Brooks,
Land Surveyors, P.C. is a professional corporation controlled by two shareholders Patricia Brooks, LS and Richard C. Brooks, LS. The corporate lineage of Brooks and Brooks, PC can be traced back multiple generations through both Patricia Brooks and Richard Brooks.
The firm's legacy began in 1919 when Richard's Great Uncle, Edward G. West, was employed by the State of New York as a Forest Surveyor. Working part time for private clients as he maintained his State position, West eventually converted his two-day-a-week job into a full-time business. In 1967, he retired from what was then known as the NYS Conservation Department. During this time Richard's Grandfather, James M. West, Sr. entered into employment with the State of New York and became a licensed surveyor. His son, James M. West Jr, followed suit and became licensed. Edward G. West maintained a sole-practitioner private practice until 1971 when the State, falling on hard economic times, laid off most of its Conservation Department surveyors.
Ed, Jim, and Jim, Jr. organized the former State's surveying force into a firm called West Associates and operated until 1975 when the State hired back most of its surveyors. Ed then continued operations with his nephew Richard C. Brooks, as Edward G. West, Associates until 1982 when he merged with Robert Burgher, LS, PE and formed the firm West and Burgher, PC.
That firm continued operations until its reorganization in 1984 when Richard C. Brooks became licensed to practice land surveying. The resulting firm was known as West and Brooks, Land Surveyors.
Patricia's tradition started with her father, Roy H. Pauli, who received his surveying training from the US Army during the Korean Conflict. Upon fulfillment of his commitment to his Country he entered into employment with surveying and engineering firms in Dutchess and Ulster County. Upon receiving his license in 1959, Roy started his own private practice, Roy H. Pauli, L.S.. Patricia followed in his foot steps, joining the firm in 1978 and becoming licensed in 1988, as one of the first twenty licensed women surveyors in New York State. With the 1991 purchase of the outstanding stock of West and Brooks Land Surveyors and Roy H. Pauli Land Surveyors the corporate reorganization was completed. Thus the formation of Brooks and Brooks, Land Surveyors, P.C. effectively continues the family tradition of offering surveying and planning services to the residents, businesses and municipalities of New York State.